Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Advocate


  1. a person who speaks or writes in support or defense of a person,cause, etc. (usually followed by of):


I am a relatively mellow person. I try not to make waves. I try to be peaceful. I try to do what I think is right in my own quiet way. 

However (you knew that was coming didn't you?) lately I won't and cannot be silent.


I am so tired of all the pandering, the excuses I'm hearing for Planned Parenthood in spite of the damming videos that have now been published.

Obviously, I don't know all of the excuses here are my top 3 "favorites".

1) Only 3% of Planned Parenthood services are abortions. 

Is that supposed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Oh goody! Only like 350,000 (not saying that's the exact number) babies are being killed. Phew! All better, I am sure those 350,000 babies were never needed on this earth. Why give them a chance? (sarcasm!)

Not to be so sarcastic, but I'm not buying it. I don't care if it's .0000003%. A life is a life and they are all precious.

I am an advocate for life.

2) Planned Parenthood provides so many services for women. 

Let's see from my understanding, PP provides many health services, mostly about reproductive and sexual health to women. Well, I have heard of these great institutions that provide the SAME thing for women called clinics and guess what percentage of abortions they perform? Zero, Nada, Zilch Percent.

I would be happy to have my tax money that is supporting PP to help women obtain these same services at such a place. Even those that may not have insurance and are in poverty (Isn't that what the great Obamacare is supposed to help as well..the uninsured?) Listen, I am okay helping the disadvantaged obtain what they need, but not at the price of another human being! 

Yes I am an advocate for the disadvantaged, the helpless. INCLUDING unborn children.

3) (In all fairness this isn't particularly against pp, but abortion in general.)

If you don't believe in abortions don't get one. But don't infringe on my rights do so.

Actually, my stance against abortion is all about rights. Children's rights. You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child?" In this case it takes a village to defend a child, because the child is unable to defend his or herself. So I'm all about choice and rights too, it's just for a helpless, innocent child. So don't tell me to stay out of your life when another life- just as precious as yours- is being killed mercilessly. 

I will advocate for children. I am part of the village.


So if I offended you, I'll bring you cookies. Because I care and love you as a human being, I just disagree with your position. But I will not back down.

Because you see this blog is about humanity. Respect and love for EVERY human being. Born or unborn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment