Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Behold

:see or observe (a thing or person, especially a remarkable or impressive one).





Do we "behold" each other?  This question came to me in those wee hours of the morning.  Do I behold my family.   Do I look  at them and observe them and respect them as the remarkable Creation that they are?  Or do I passively go about taking care of them, routinely doing my job without "beholding" them.

I believe the Savior wants us to "behold" each other.  He wants us to behold our children (3 Nephi 17:23), our family (John 19:6) and our neighbor (Matthew 5:23).  He wants us to see each other through eyes of love.

Which brings me to the purpose of this blog.  My other blog (Making Minor Moments) is now about Making Minor Moments.  Random thoughts, pictures and a blogital (blog + digital:) journey of my family.  I found my blog posts were a lot about something that I am passionate about:  the poor and homeless.  This blog will be about this social issue and any other social issues I care to write about.

Big disclaimer here:  I declare myself not an expert on the subject.   There are many out there who study, went to school a long long time who are much smarter than I am and ARE experts.  I am just simply a person who cares about the subject, wants to do what I can to help and maybe bring awareness to others.

My main goal is that we -including me- learn to behold each other.   We will behold our children, our spouses, our family, our neighbors and yes even the ones at the side of the road wounded and left alone, whether it's literally or figuratively (Luke 10).


No comments:

Post a Comment